Monday, March 30, 2009

Waiting for the Shoe to Drop

Monday morning and I am sitting around not doing a whole lot. I´ve printed out all of my class rules and handbooks and put them in for copying so I´ll have them the first day. My emergency substitute plans are in and my start-of-year diagnostic exams are ready.

Unfortunately, administration is still locked up trying to put out a schedule. They still haven´t published any class rosters (and 1st Course, the equivalent of US 7th Grade starts tomorrow). They are also painting my classroom, again. They spent the weekend ripping out my wall, replacing it and newly mounting my brand-spanking new whiteboard. The fumes are eye-watering so there is no working there.

In short, I have literally nothing to do at the moment except wait. Once the actual schedule, and especially the class rosters are published then it will be super-hectic getting everything settled, but until then I am blogging and doing some work on my online class I am taking.

Cheers!

No comments: