Saturday, March 28, 2009

Paint, Meetings and Termites

Colegio Americano is abuzz with activity as we try to get everything ready for students next week. Everything is getting a fresh coat of paint, last minute repairs are being made.

In the middle of this some workmen come into my classroom. They are there to replace my old, wall-mounted whiteboards. Cool! Only one problem, it seems the old Whiteboards were all that were containing a massive next of termites.







It runs about 15 meters long by about 3 meters high along the wall behind my desk.





In several places I can push my arm through and wave at the people in the next room (an administration office). So basically they have three days to repair the entire wall by the time classes start next Wednesday.









Meanwhile, all the teachers and administrators are busy sorting through all the paperwork and planning you have to do just to get started in a year.




Here is an exterior view of my classroom, with workers raking, painting, repairing desks and who knows what else.






Hopefully all of this chaos will be finished come student time, and we can look like a nice, tranquil school again.

No comments: