Thursday, March 12, 2009

Substituting

Lisa woke up sick today. In fact, when she called in she found that seven faculty members were out sick. So I got drug out of my bed early to sub for Lisa's classes. Hey! I'm supposed to be on vacation!

So I am now at InterAmerican Academy on a prep period doing a quick blog update. I teach five English Literature classes today, which is a nice change of pace from the Business and Social Studies I do. It is always fun to me to brush the dust off some old classics and discuss them with students. Right now, Lisa's classes are covering the following books (in class period order):

10th Grade - "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" by Carson McCullers
11th Grade - "The Scarlet Letter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
12 Grade AP English - "One day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
8th Grade - "Hiroshima"
9th Grade - "Red Badge of Courage" by Stephen Crane

So fun teaching, but I had to get up sooooo early today!

No comments: