Wednesday, April 8, 2009

School is on!

My blogging has cut back, because classes are going and I am stumbling, rumbling and bumbling about staying ahead of my new crop of students. It is always fun to start a new year. Last year wasn´t so fun because I came in as an emergency hire in the middle of school, which is WAY stressful for the teacher and the students. Now we are all getting off on a more relaxed foot and everything is great.

Of course, I still don´t understand the Ecuadorian penchant for starting things when you have to stop them. Last week, the first week, started on Wednesday so it was a short week. This week ends today, on Wednesday, because tomorrow starts the big fiesta of Semana Santa, so another really short week.

Next week is normal, sort of, since Monday is Dia del Maestro (Day of the Teacher) so the students have a half day and faculty has a special lunch after the students go? We won´t have our first full week of classes until our 4th week of school. It is a hard life, but I have to do it!

No comments: