Monday, March 22, 2010

South America - Back to School!

am a teacher at an Ecuadorian high school. My wife is also a teacher, but works at an international school that follows the typical North american schedule. For the last two months I have done a lot of travel, some writing, started a weight loss program and played some poker. I haven't had to worry about fitting my diet around work, or figuring out the best time to do my workouts.

That changed today. Mar 22 is back to school or for teachers so here I am back into a work routine. We are up early enough to get our animals taken care of and lunches packed. Then my wife gets on her bus and I get on mine. First day for teachers, of course is fairly simple. We get a couple of meetings, spend some time networking with the other teachers and seeing what everybody did on their vacations. Then we check out our rooms - I got a new desk!Next it is checking out the schedule for the next week - filled with meetings, and deadlines for turning in curriculum plans, diagnostic tests as well as signing up for after-school activities.

After school was over I changed and did a cardio session on the school track. While doing that I heard a yell. Some of my oncoming seniors were at basketball practice. While the ladies had a water break we talked a bit and briefly got caught up. Fun!

No comments: